SolSource is the name of a high temperature parabolic solar cooker made by One Earth Designs . SolSource is fully powered by solar energy and is a fuel-free alternative to cooking with charcoal, gas, or wood. SolSource heats up in seconds and can cook in 10 minutes in direct sunlight.  SolSource is a powerful and versatile solar cooker capable of grilling , searing , sautéing , steaming , boiling , baking , and frying . It is specifically designed to be easy to use and easy to clean.
SolSource was developed as a solution to energy poverty among Tibetan nomads in the Himalayas who depended on it on a daily basis.  The product has been on Top Chef and received international awards for its innovative design.    
SolSource Incorporates Design and Engineering Developed by One Earth Designs and its Collaborators at MIT , Harvard , and the Norwegian Technical University, a streamlined adjustment system, and proprietary reflective materials that increase power and energy efficiency. .  
There are two different types of solar cookers : stoves and ovens . Solar stoves are optimized for high-temperature, rapid stove-top cooking. Solar ovens are optimized for low -temperature, slower cooking methods. SolSource is a solar stove, optimized for high-temperatures. Baking can be performed on SolSource by caste iron cookware.
Solar stoves and solar ovens can be used together to create a kitchen with the same range of cooking capabilities. SolSource to design beautiful solar-powered outdoor kitchens.  
SolSource Solar Stoves are purveyed worldwide via One Earth Designs and its distribution partners.  Humanitarian pricing is provided through One Earth Designs non-profit branch, Oneearthdesigns.org.  
SolSource works with many cooking styles. It is MOST optimized for grilling and sautéing , drank aussi can be used for searing , steaming , boiling , baking , and frying . The product reaches 750 ° F within minutes when set up properly in direct sunlight. BTU / in 2 is comparable with high-end grills. Due to its high-temperatures, it can perform as an outdoor grill . It operates as a solar concentrator . It collects and concentrates solar energy to a small area right beneath the pot, turning it into heat for cooking. Its proprietary reflectors are 92% energy efficient.
- Jump up^ “Award Winning SolSource Solar Stove” . One Earth Designs. 2015-12-08 . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ “Beginnings” . Oneearthdesigns.com . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ “Watch Ep 4: It’s a Dry Heat | Top Chef” . Bravotv.com . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ “SolSource Awards” . Oneearthdesigns.com . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ “SolSource Project – 2009 Winner – The St Andrews Prize for the Environment” . Thestandrewsprize.com . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ Ciara Byrne (2010-09-23). “The SolSource solar oven wins 500K EU in the Green Challenge | VentureBeat | News | by Ciara Byrne” . VentureBeat . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ “SolSource Specifications” . Oneearthdesigns.com . 2015-12-08 . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ “Cooking up innovation | MIT News” . News.mit.edu . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ “Solar Cookers: Types and Styles” . Solarcooker-at-cantinawest.com. 2016-03-08 . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ “Solar Cookers International (How Solar Cookers Work)” . Solarcookers.org . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ “Products Catalog” . One Earth Designs . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ “One Earth Designs” . One Earth Designs. 2014-06-20 . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .
- Jump up^ “SolSource Solar Cooker – Reaches 300C / 550F: Patio, Lawn & Garden” . Amazon.com . Retrieved 2016-04-11 .