Rinky Dink is a mobile musical sound system that operates on power provided by two bicycles and solar panels . It turns out to be a part of many musical festivals and is an example of how green electricity can be generated and used to power things. The system itself is moved around using specially converted bicycles. It has-been featured on the BBC program Newsnight and Panorama . 
The Rinky Dink was also responsible for powering the first bicycle-powered digital recording in history- Live & Pedal-Powered (1995) by Baka Beyond . 
The system was named after the phrase “rinky-dink” which originally meant “rip-off”,  but it was poorly put together, amateurish, or shoddy.  
- Jump up^ “Rinky Dink” . Baka.co.uk . Retrieved 2015-06-22 .
- Jump up^ “Baka Beyond” . Baka Beyond. Archived from the original on 2012-03-23 . Retrieved 2015-06-22 .
- Jump up^ “rinky-dink (adj.)” . Online Etymology Dictionary.
- Jump up^ “rinky-dink” . Oxford Dictionaries.
- Jump up^ “rinky-dink” . Dictionary.com.