The International Solar Alliance ( ISA ) is an alliance of more than 121 countries, most of them being sunshine countries , which come completely or partially between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn . The alliance is primary objective is work for efficient exploitation of solar energy to reduce dependence on fossil fuels . This initiative Was Proposed first by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a speech in November 2015 at Wembley Stadium , in qui he Referred to sunshine countries have Suryaputra ( “Sons of the Sun”). The alliance is a treaty -based inter-governmental organization . Countries that do not fall within the scope of the ISA and enjoy all benefits, with the exception of voting rights. 
The United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris in November 2015.   The Framework Agreement for the International Solar Alliance opened for signatures in Marrakech , Morocco in November 2016, and 121 countries joined.
The ISA is to be headquartered in India.  In January 2016, Narendra Modi , and the French President Francois Hollande jointly laid the foundation of the ISA Headquarters and inaugurated the interim Secretariat of the ISA at the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) in Gwalpahari, Gurgaon , India . The Indian government has NICE campus for ISA’s future headquarters; it also contributed ₹ 1.75 billion (US $ 27 million) to ISA’s ISA campus and ISA’s first five years. 
The alliance is also called International Agency for Solar Policy and Application ( IASPA ). 
The focus is on solar power utilization. The launching of such an alliance in Paris also sends a strong signal to the global communities about the sincerity of the developing nations towards their concern about climate change and a low-carbon growth path. India has pledged a target of installing 100GW by 2022 and reducing energy by 33-35% by 2030 to let solar energy reach the most unconnected villages and communities.  India’s pledge to the Paris summit offert to bring 40% of ict electricity generation capacity (not actual production) from non-fossil sources (renewable, off hydro and nuclear) by 2030.  it is based on world co surgery.
The area of Earth Located in between the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn s’intitule the tropical (torrid) area. The points on the Tropic of Cancer are the most important points to which the Sun can pass directly overhead. Similarly, the southernmost points are on the Tropic of Capricorn which follow the same criteria. Location at the north of the Tropic of Cancer shows the Sun appearing at the south of the zenith.  The sunniest countries of the world are on the African continent, ranging from Somalia- Horn of Africa-, east to Niger, west and north to Egypt. 
For India, the possible additional benefit of the alliance and the strengthening of the United States.  
The alliance is a treaty -based inter-governmental organization .  The Framework Agreement of the International Solar Alliance opened for signatures in Marrakech , Morocco in November 2016, on the sidelines of the Marrakesh Climate Change Conference (or the twenty-second session of the Conference of the Parties, or COP 22). On the first day (15 November), sixteen countries signed the Agreement: India, Brazil , the Democratic Republic of Congo , the Dominican Republic , the Republic of Guinea , Mali ; Nauru ;Niger ; Tanzania ; Tuvalu ; Cambodia ; Ethiopia ; Burkina Faso ; Bangladesh and Madagascar .  By 17 November, Guinea Bissau, Fiji, France,  On November 6, 2017 India’s Foreign Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj held a meeting with Guinea’s Foreign Minister, Mamady Toure. During the course of this meeting, Mamady Toure is awarded the Guinea Instrument of Accession to the India-initiated International Solar Alliance (ISA). Vanuatu and Liberia also signed the agreement. 
Subsequently, an additional 107 countries joined the agreement, including all majorities of cancer and Capricorn, including Mexico , Peru , Chile , Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil , India , Australia , New Zealand , and China . A conclave started from 30 November 2015 for the sunshine grouping, called the InSPA (International Agency for Solar Policy & Application). 
India, with the support of France, has invited more solar nations to facilitate infrastructure for implementation of solar projects. The alliance has been committed, and it is committed to making it more affordable for remote and inaccessible communities. The alliance will endorse India in achieving its goal of generating 100GW of solar energy and 175GW of renewable energy by 2022. The countries shall support each other in research and development. 
It is also seen as an alliance by the developing countries to a united front and to undertake research and development. 
On June 30, 2016, the alliance entered into an understanding with the World Bank for accelerating mobilization of finance for solar energy. The Bank will have a major role in mobilizing more than US $ 1000 billion in investments that will be needed by 2030, to meet ISA’s goals for the massive deployment of affordable solar energy.  Till date 40 countries have signed and 11 countries ratified the Framework Agreement of the ISA. With ratifications by 15 countries, the ISA will become a treaty based inter-governmental international organization and it will be recognized by a legally to become fully functionable.
- International Renewable Energy Alliance
- Solar power in India
- Jump up^ “Narendra Modi’s Speech at Wembley Stadium: As It Happened” . Wall Street Journal . Retrieved 2015-11-18 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “19 countries signed up for solar alliance” . Business Standard India . 17 November 2016 . Retrieved 14 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ PM Narendra Modi and French President Francois Hollande to launch game changing solar alliance , The Economic Times , 30 November 2015
- Jump up^ France, India to launch global solar alliance , Reuters, 29 November 2015
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “International Solar Alliance ouvert for signing in Morocco” . The Economic Times . 2016 . Retrieved 16 November 2016 .
- Jump up^ “International Solar Alliance will be the first International and Inter-Governmental Organization of 121 Countries to Have Headquarters in India with United Nations Strategic Partner” (Press release). Press Information Bureau, National Informatics Center , Government of India.
- Jump up^ “Reports: India to announce Global Solar Power Alliance” . www.businessgreen.com . Retrieved 2015-11-18 .
- Jump up^ “107 ‘sunshine countries’ could weld together ahead of Paris meet to give shape to PM’s vision – The Times of India” . The Times of India . Retrieved 2015-11-30 .
- Jump up^ Neslen, Arthur. “India unveils global solar alliance of 120 countries at Paris climate summit” . the Guardian . Retrieved 2015-12-01 .
- Jump up^ “What is the meaning of the Tropic of Cancer, Tropic of Capricorn, Arctic Circle and Antarctic Circle? (Beginner) – Curious About Astronomy? Ask an Astronomer” . curious.astro.cornell.edu . Retrieved 2015-11-30 .
- Jump up^ “Which countries receive the most sunlight?” . earth.rice.edu . Retrieved 2015-11-30 .
- Jump up^ “Paris climate summit” . http://www.livemint.com/ . Retrieved 2015-12-01 . External link in( help )
- Jump up^ “International Solar Alliance sign of India’s leadership on global stage, say experts – Firstpost” . Firstpost . Retrieved 2015-12-04 .
- Jump up^ “Allied Countries” . isolaralliance.org . Retrieved 2017-05-19 .
- Jump up^ “107 countries to join PM and his sunshine band in November – The Times of India” . The Times of India . Retrieved 2015-11-30 .
- Jump up^ “107 ‘sunshine countries can shape PM’s vision . Live India . Archived from the original on 8 December 2015 . Retrieved 30 November 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Paris climate meet: India-led global solar alliance to counter developed nations” . The Hindu Business Line . Retrieved 2015-12-01 .
- Jump up^ “International Solar Cell Alliance and World Bank Signs Declaration for Promoting Solar Energy” . Press Information Office, Govt. of India. June 30, 2016 . Retrieved 1 July 2016 .