Eurosolar is the non-profit European Association for Renewable Energy ( German : EuropÃ¤ische Vereinigung fÃ¼r Erneuerbare Energien ) that conducts its work independently of political parties , institutions , commercial enterprises , and interest groups . Eurosolar develops and encourages political and economic action plans and concepts for the introduction of renewable energy . The association has offices in 14 countries that include Austria, Italy, Turkey, and Ukraine. Eurosolar has approximately 2,500 members, close to 400 legal groups, [ citation needed ] and owns theSolar Age magazine, released four times a year.  A history of the association is available. 
Formed on 2 August 1988 in Bonn , West Germany ,   Eurosolar runs an annual event called the Solar Prize awards, rewarding progress in renewable energy. 
- Hermann Scheer , train president
- German Renewable Energy Sources Act , Eurosolar was active during its inception in 1991 and subsequent development
- Jump up^ “Solar Age Media Information” (PDF) . Solar Age . July 30, 2010 . Retrieved 31 March2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Samuel, Gert (August 2013). 25 years of EUROSOLAR: 1988-2013 (PDF) . Translated by Strauch, Silvia; Jones, Martina R. Bonn, Germany: EUROSOLAR, Europäische Vereinigung für Erneuerbare Energien . Retrieved 2016-08-05 .
- Jump up^ “Eurosolar’s anniversary” . Eurosolar . August 24, 2013 . Retrieved 31 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Solar Prize Archives” . Eurosolar . November 24, 2014 . Retrieved 31 March 2015 .